Support Reproductive Rights: Where To Donate After the Reversal of Roe v. Wade
June 28, 2022
Last Updated: June 29, 2022
The United States has changed its laws regarding reproductive health – overturning decades of rights and freedoms over access to abortions. Learn how you and your people can take action by supporting vetted nonprofits who defend reproductive health choices and are in urgent need after the Supreme Court ruling.
On June 24, 2022, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, the landmark decision that provided the constitutional right to abortion. This reversal means U.S. states now have the right to determine their own reproductive healthcare laws – and as many as half of the states will move rapidly to prohibit or severely restrict access to abortion services.
Laws that limit bodily autonomy and prevent pregnant people from having the right to make their own choices set a dangerous precedent that could lead to the erosion of many other human rights. They also place millions of people – women, transgender and non-binary individuals – at risk and disproportionately affect economically marginalized groups.
Reverberations from this decision are being felt around the world, leaving many wanting to take action. Here’s how your company and your people can get started:
Donate To Vetted Causes Defending Reproductive Healthcare Rights
Knowing where your donation will make the biggest impact and support organizations in urgent need can be challenging. That’s why we’ve put together a list of vetted nonprofits who champion reproductive health choices and defend reproductive rights and civil liberties:
U.S.-based organizations to donate to:
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America delivers vital reproductive healthcare, sex education and information to millions of people.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) works with volunteers and supporters in every corner of the U.S. to defend civil liberties and civil rights.
- Center for Reproductive Rights protects reproductive rights as fundamental human rights for the dignity, equality, health and well-being of every person.
- NARAL Pro-Choice American Foundation fights for reproductive freedom for every person in every state.
- If/When/How provides legal advice, representation, and attorney referrals when people need it most.
- Abortion Care Network works to ensure the rights for all people to experience respectful, dignified abortion care.
Canadian-based organizations to donate to:
- Canadian Women's Foundation supports women, girls, and gender-diverse people and is helping to build a gender equal Canada by transforming lives, improving communities and changing systems
- Planned Parenthood Toronto breaks down barriers, challenges conventions, and changes hearts, minds and lives by advancing and advocating for the sexual health, health, and well-being of youth.
- National Abortion Federation Canada promotes reproductive health among Canadians by ensuring that abortion care is accessible and carried out to the highest standards
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights advances and upholds sexual and reproductive health and rights in Canada and globally.
Donate to these Canadian-based organizations now through this giving opportunity
U.K.-based organizations to donate to:
- Abortion Support Network provides information, financial assistance and other practical support to those forced to travel for abortions
- International Planned Parenthood Federation provides healthcare and advocates for sexual and reproductive health and rights for all.
Donate to these U.K.-based organizations now through this giving opportunity
Australian-based causes to donate to:
- UN Women Australia ensures that everyone everywhere, regardless of gender, has the same opportunities to lead, to learn, and to earn a decent living and to live a life free from violence and discrimination
- Marie Stopes International Australia Overseas Development / MSI Australia helps people take full control of their reproductive lives and provides life-changing health services to over 25 million people in need each year
- Human Rights Law Centre uses strategic legal action, policy solutions, and advocacy to support people and communities to eliminate inequality and injustice and build a fairer, more compassionate Australia.
Take Action on the Overturning of Roe v. Wade
To help your people take urgent action, we’re sharing our U.S. Reproductive Health Campaign Kit
and our International Reproductive Health Campaign Kit which include trusted resources you can use today to quickly launch a meaningful campaign. If you’re a Benevity client, you can download your campaign kits through the B-Hive.