Code of conduct
We want your Benevity Live! experience to be amazing. To keep things safe, inclusive and fun, here are our expectations for all attendees, speakers, partners and Benevity-ites.
We are committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law and good human decency.
**Please alert our event team of anyone who is not following this policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and their viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language.
- Discriminatory behavior or treatment based on a person’s race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories.
- Displaying sexual images or using sexual language, including in presentations and slide decks.
- Wearing attire that includes harmful or offensive language or imagery that is not appropriate for a professional setting.
- Intimidation or bullying, including without limitation online, by video, in writing and/or in-person.
- Sharing your event registration or making event content available to any other person(s), including without limitation a Benevity competitor or anyone not authorized by Benevity to attend the Event.
- Possession of a weapon or anything that could be construed as a weapon on video during the Event.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances on video during the Event.
- Any other illegal, unacceptable or unprofessional activity.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future Benevity events. If a participant is found or reasonably believed to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, Benevity may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may be notified.
In order to provide a positive and distraction-free experience for all our attendees, we do not allow solicitation of any kind of our attendees during the Benevity Live! conference by any attendees, including without limitation recruitment, marketing and promotions, distribution of materials, soliciting business or donations, or requests of grant funding. Any attendee found to be in violation of this non-solicitation policy may be expelled from the Event without a refund of any fees paid.
In addition, we expect that attendees will not make solicitations after the conference unless an attendee specifically invites future contact. Accordingly, we request that all attendees refrain from using attendee lists or other similar information for solicitation purposes without express consent of an attendee.